Email marketing is essential for every MSP marketing campaign for generating high-quality leads. The way you write your message and deliver it is critical for producing winning emails. As long your content is informative, personal, and actionable, your email campaign will be a success.
Best Practices for B2B Email Marketing
Getting your emails read in a sea of emails is all about delivering personal value and relevant content to the inbox.
- Understand what your audience wants – Ensure that you know your audience and determine where they are in the buying cycle. Use all the analytics available to understand what your prospects need from your business. Make your emails as personal as you can, rather than sending ineffective generic emails.
- Write a compelling subject line – If your subject line has a weak message and lacks value, then most likely, it will end up in the trash bin before it’s ever opened. It doesn’t matter how valuable your content is, if your audience doesn’t read it. Always write an eye-catching headline that sparks the interest of your recipient.
- Send the initial email after your first contact with your prospect – You can send emails during any stage of the buyer’s journey, but especially after you have your first contact with your prospect. If you send the email before contacting them, they might consider it spam. It’s better to get them to opt-in to receive your emails, so you don’t damage your credibility.
- Segment your prospects into lists – Depending on where they are in the buyer’s journey; divide your email prospects into lists. This way, you can hone your communication strategy based on your audience’s demographics and purchasing behaviors. By implementing segmentation techniques, you can develop precise content that fits the persona of each subscriber.
- Offer personalized discounts and promotions – Use your segmentation list to offer personalized discounts, promotions, products, services, and offers. Focus each offer on the individual needs of your prospects.
- Set a schedule for your lead nurturing emails – Decide how often you want to communicate with your MSP marketing prospects, scheduling the emails for the best times suited to individual subscribers.
- Tailor your emails toward the MSP industry – When writing your content, tailor your message toward MSP businesses. This allows you to appear as an expert in the industry. Include links to educational podcasts or videos, provide industry-related whitepapers or even offer relevant online courses.
- Optimize your email for mobile devices – Since mobile devices are such a large part of the customer experience today, it’s vital that you optimize your emails for these devices. According to Bluehornet marketing, subscribers delete 80 percent of emails that aren’t optimized for smartphones and other mobile devices.
If you follow these MSP marketing strategies, you’ll see that your emails outperform all other marketing methods. Email is the most effective way for you to connect with prospects, building trusting relationships and generating more B2B sales.