Making the right decision at the right time is a skill every business owner must perfect. When it comes to making decisions that directly impact on your business success, you will need to be guided by the right information. Your IT system is a core contributor to the success of your business. How can you determine whether the time is right for you to shift your MSP business to the cloud? Today, we aim to help you answer that question.
Consider Your Status Quo
First, have a look at how your MSP business functions with current IT services. As companies grow or change focus, existent IT services often show their limitations. So, ask yourself:
• Are current IT systems keeping up with the increasing demands of your business?
• Is IT your core business function?
• Are you spending more time focused on IT than staff levels accommodate?
• Are IT costs too unpredictable?
Answering yes to one or more of those key questions is a clear indicator it’s time to shift your IT operations to the cloud.
Look for IT Services
The next step entails you shopping around for an IT provider that offers cloud services. Here are six key points to consider when seeking the ideal cloud services provider for your MSP business:
1. The kind of cloud services provided: go for a vendor that offers general purpose cloud computing services.
2. Payment structure and terms: reputable vendors only charge for what you use, and will not demand a huge upfront payment;
3. Cloud security: with malicious hackers lurking all over the Internet, you cannot take IT system security lightly. Make sure the vendor implements current best-practice security measures for your industry;
4. Data center security and location: It is important to guarantee your IT will not be stored on servers that can easily be compromised. The data centers in the cloud, as well as physical servers, must be protected from man-made and natural disasters;
5. Data loss compensation: Ask if they have had any case of data loss and get details on how they handled the case. Also, get specifics on how they compensate clients whose data is lost or compromised; and,
6. Availability of support: your system will be in the hands of the cloud services provider, so you must make sure the vendor is accessible on a 24/7 basis if you need help.
If you have decided it is time for your company to migrate to the cloud, you need to partner with a cloud services provider who will offer you the service you deserve. Every MSP business is unique and that is why you should fly among the cloud.