Based on the concepts of virtualization and distributed computing, cloud computing can be defined as computing based on the Internet. Therefore, cloud computing lets your client’s and prospective businesses add more to their client’s and prospect’s IT and computing capability without having to bring in new software, hardware, or technical personnel. The significant benefits of cloud computing have made it popular among business and organizations, hence your MSP company should seriously consider jumping into cloud computing!
Software and Infrastructure as a Service
As an infrastructure service, cloud computing allows organizations to outsource processing, storage, and other computing infrastructures. Your MSP company would have the sole responsibility of developing the operating and computing platforms, while the end user uses the resources as and when needed.
Cloud computing as a software service would allow both your current customers and prospective organizations to use applications, which are run on the cloud. In other words, they access software applications provided by a third party. This means that the your clients won’t have to worry about updating and maintaining the software or networking systems since they may have little control over their configuration.
Why Move to The Cloud?
Moving to the cloud presents a host of benefits to businesses. Increased efficiency and increased profits are just a few. More benefits include:
• Flexibility – The fact that many businesses face the growing and fluctuating bandwidth demands present a reason why cloud computing is essential for them. The ease of scaling up or down your cloud capacity is baked into one service. This level of flexibility gives businesses that use cloud a competitive advantage.
• Automatic software updates – The fact that the servers are off-premise allows them to be worry free about taking your time to maintain the system yourself. This lets the organization focus on the core business matters leaving their IT services provider with the task of regular software updating.
• Increased teamwork – Through file sharing apps and cloud-based workflow, their teams can do more together since they are able to access, edit, and share documents from anywhere, at any time. This improves the aspect of teamwork in their organizations.
• Disaster recovery – Disaster recovery is an important investment, though it can be expensive for small businesses since it requires a lot of cash and expertise. Implementing cloud based-backup helps the small businesses avoid the huge up-front investment. Cloud computing also eliminates data loss in case of disasters in their organization since all the data is hosted on the cloud servers. Downloadable backups also improve data protection in case of disaster on your side of the benefit equation.
• Environmental sustainability – Cloud computing has minimal environmental impact since scaling up and down your server capacity allows their organization to only use the energy they need.
The benefits above outline the importance of looking at implementing cloud computing for your company and the reasons why your customers and prospects should adopt it!