Is your IT marketing team having a hard time improving your email open rates? If so, they’re not alone.
Getting a positive response to your emails is a complicated concept. It involves receiving permission from your prospects, knowing their behaviours and understanding technology.
So, how do you earn better email open rates from your subscribers? The first step is to ensure that you have the right permissions from the prospects on your email list.
Are You Following Anti-Spam Regulations?
Before sending any emails to the people on your list, make sure you have permission from them. If they see you as a spammer, they’ll delete your emails before opening them.
Check the Email Preference Service (eMPS) for anyone from your list who’s registered there. Remove them from your list. Once registered, the names stay in that database for six years.
The next thing to do is understand the privacy rights regulated by your country regarding email. Most countries have regulations that protect consumers’ personal data, fairness, and accuracy. The regulations expect businesses to be transparent and accountable for their actions.
Always keep the rights of your audience in mind when implementing your IT marketing email campaign.
Build Your Email Database
Another thing to take care of before writing your email content is building an email database made up of qualified subscribers.
Here are a few ways to nail down targeted subscribers for your email list:
- Take advantage of your website landing pages. Ask your visitors to opt-in to your email list and offer them free incentives like eBooks, whitepapers, special offers, and webinars.
- Add opt-in forms to your landing pages.
- Include exit pop-up forms to gently urge visitors who are about to leave to sign up for your emails.
- Encourage your prospects to take action with clear CTAs on all your pages.
- Ask for the emails of prospects making comments on your blog or landing pages.
- Urge your followers on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and any other social media channels to subscribe.
- Answer questions from your target audience posted on Quora and Reddit, and ask for their emails if they’d like more information.
These are just a few methods of building your email list. As long as you focus on your target audience, you’ll have a steady stream of email subscribers.
Offer Valuable Content
The most important way to increase your open rate is to provide value. Your content has to offer your readers solutions to their problems. You need to understand your audience and what they need from you. This also helps strengthen trust and builds brand awareness.
If you can help them, they’ll respond to your emails. Valuable content keeps them coming back for more, which increases conversion rates.
Most small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have email lists that are too large for sending emails manually. Outsourcing your email scheduling to an email system is convenient and practical. If you do this, targeted emails are sent to individual subscribers, which makes them feel you care about what they want.
You can also use CRM software to take care of segmented lists, email scheduling and customer nurturing with personalised offers.
By maximising your email response rate with permission-based subscribers, you’ll increase your IT marketing leads and sales, build loyal relationships, and increase brand awareness.