Do your MSP company leaders foster a creative culture? Many businesses today aren’t willing to take risks, so they miss out on the creative solutions their staff has to offer. Creativity in the workplace allows you to explore new solutions to old and new issues.
Do You Play It Safe or Do You Play It Smart?
Forget about playing it safe with traditional ideas. Think about exploring the creativity and innovation you have in your workplace. You have a whole staff of potential just waiting to be tapped.
Here are four steps to get their creative juices flowing to benefit your business:
- Change your mindset to one of discovery by turning on the curiosity of your team. Let them focus on unanswered questions and play around with new ideas. Give them permission to be creative and let them experiment, take risks and discover their potential.
- Get out of your comfort zone and put the innovation visions of your staff into action. This can bring new life into your company, making you a top MSP competitor.
- Give your employees opportunities for physical exercise. This gets their creative juices flowing. Some of their best ideas will pop up when they’re taking a break and getting exercise.
- Encourage divergent thinking. Doing things the same old way doesn’t boost success. Allow your employees to look at problems in different ways, not just one. If you’re able to look at things creatively, it also builds staff creativity and vision.
- If you implement these four steps in your MSP company culture, your employees will turn into your most valuable assets. Rather than a company that values conformity, you’ll have a company culture of creativity and innovation.
Once you have your creative culture in place, you have to think differently about how you reach your business goals. Rather than expecting perfection from your staff, facilitate a culture that accepts mistakes. Encourage risk-taking to generate creative solutions.
Making mistakes is part of the learning process. If one idea doesn’t work, learn from it and move on to the next. It might not be comfortable thinking this way, but it does lead toward success. As a leader, you have to have the discipline to nurture and cultivate potential solutions to mistakes and give positive reinforcement.
Cultivating a workplace that tolerates mistakes as a way to grow is not easy. But, doing the same things day in and day out isn’t good enough anymore. Your business culture has to change as fast as the world around you.
Create an Inspiring Workplace
It’s not sufficient just to give your people the freedom to be creative. They also need a workplace that inspires and facilitates creative thinking.
A few ideas are breakout spaces, social hubs, open areas, large windows, lounge areas, dining space, and quiet spots. These work environment enhancements make your employees’ lives easier, which fuels idea generation.
Encourage collaboration between employees. Using open spaces and lounge areas facilitates collaboration, giving colleagues comfortable places to brainstorm ideas. Invite your staff to use these spaces for motivation and informal idea discussions.
Break Away from Old Mindsets
Today’s world demands new ideas. Take your MSP company to new levels, embracing creativity and innovative thinking. Don’t just think about doing it. Now is the time to leave outdated ideas behind, developing a creative company culture that results in outstanding success.