Customer trust is the heart and soul of a successful MSP business. It’s the key to building loyalty and future sales. The problem is that many businesses can’t seem to win the trust of their clients.
Your customers want to know that their working with a reputable company that won’t take advantage of them. So, it’s crucial that you implement strategies for building customer trust and brand authenticity.
7 Tips for Building Customer Trust
Do you know if your MSP business customers trust your brand? Realising the importance of the answer is the first step to increasing trust. Remember that no business is immune to customer distrust.
The following tips can help you enhance or repair customer trust:
1. Explain your business values – Talk about your business values and goals. Let customers know what drives you personally, and how your business reflects that.
2. Deliver on your promises – Make sure that your marketing and sales team offer credible information to prospects and customers. Avoid misleading promises just to make a sale. If you do make promises, honour them.
3. Communicate honestly – Always tell the truth. Whether it’s management or customer service reps talking to your customers, make sure they communicate honestly.
It’s tempting to sugarcoat problems that customers have. But, it’s better to face the issue and explain how you can resolve it.
4. Be transparent – Make sure your staff hides nothing from your customers. Forget any hidden agendas or tricks used to make sales or attract leads. Be transparent in all customer transactions and communications.
5. Respond quickly – Whether you’re responding to negative feedback or customer problems, do it quickly. Reply to all the questions you see on social media, taking the time to treat your customers like friends.
Also, if you see any negative comments or reviews, respond politely. Try not to react defensively. Face the issue head-on and offer solutions to the problem.
6. Create valuable content – When you publish content on your page, make sure all the information comes from credible sources. Include links to all your sources so your customers know they can trust the information.
By giving them trustworthy content backed by studies, reports, and infographics, it strengthens your authority.
Also, research the ads that appear alongside your content. They can be detrimental to your reputation. In fact, a study conducted by the CMO Council and Dow Jones revealed that 72 percent of business marketers worry about compromising ad content that can ruin their brand integrity.
7. Emphasise privacy – Every consumer today is concerned about privacy. They want to know that their information is secure and private. Let them know that you have a system in place that protects their privacy.
By making these seven strategies part of your daily MSP business culture, you will build integrity and customer trust. Always show your customers that your business approaches their problems with honesty and genuine concern.